TheBeefSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the beef industry

USDA Cold Storage


23 September 2013

USDA Cold Storage - September 2013USDA Cold Storage - September 2013


Cotton Ginnings

Highlights

Total natural cheese stocks in refrigerated warehouses on August 31, 2013 were down 4 percent from the previous month but up 5 percent from August 31, 2012.

Butter stocks were down 9 percent from last month but up 34 percent from a year ago.

Total frozen poultry supplies on August 31, 2013 were up slightly from the previous month and up 5 percent from a year ago. Total stocks of chicken were up 1 percent from the previous month and up 5 percent from last year. Total pounds of turkey in freezers were down slightly from last month but up 6 percent from August 31, 2012.

Total frozen fruit stocks were up 7 percent from last month and up 17 percent from a year ago.

Total frozen vegetable stocks were up 18 percent from last month but down 4 percent from a year ago.

Total red meat supplies in freezers were down 3 percent from the previous month and down 5 percent from last year. Total pounds of beef in freezers were down 6 percent from the previous month but up slightly from last year. Frozen pork supplies were down 1 percent from the previous month and down 8 percent from last year. Stocks of pork bellies were down 32 percent from last month but up 35 percent from last year.

Published by USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS)

DOWNLOAD REPORT:- Download this report here

Our Sponsors

Partners


Seasonal Picks

Animal Welfare in EPS - 5m Books