Agriculture Department Announces Bovine Viral Disease27 August 2013
Northern Ireland – Farmers keen to learn about or debate Bovine Viral Disease have the opportunity to do so at a series of public awareness sessions.
The sessions, announced by the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD), are being put on to gather farmer opinion as to what should be done to control the disease and are expected to last one hour.
Attendees will learn about BVD, the BVD programme, the consultation process and potential compulsory testing legislation.
- Tuesday 3 September, Burrendale Hotel, 51 Castlewellan Road, Newcastle, Co Down. BT35 0JY at 7.00 pm
- Thursday 5 September, Clogher Livestock Market, 44 Station Road, Clogher, Co Tyrone. BT76 0AQ at7.00 pm
- Tuesday 10 September, Enniskillen College (CAFRE), 2 Mullaghmeen Road, Levaghy, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh. BT74 4GF at 7.00 pm
- Thursday 12 September, Ballymena Livestock Market, 1 Woodside Road, Ballymena, Co Antrim. BT42 4HX at 10.00 am
- Thursday 19 September, Roe Park Resort, 40 Drumrane Road, Limavady, Co Londonderry. BT49 9LB at 7.00 pm
- Tuesday 24 September, Armagh City Hotel, 2 Friary Road, Armagh, Co Armagh. BT60 4FR at 7.00 pm
A Dard spokeperson said: “The awareness sessions offer a great opportunity for interested parties and farmers to learn more about this disease, what the proposed legislation may be, and provides not only an opportunity to listen to other points of view on this matter but to also have a say.”
TheCattleSite News Desk