Suckler Herd Efficiency Event to be Hosted By EBLEX17 January 2013
UK - Suckler herd efficiency will be the topic of a series of talks delivered by Beef technologist Dr Norman Weatherup organised by the EBLEX Better Returns Programme later this month.
The meetings, taking place at locations around England, will provide practical, free advice focusing on key elements of sucker herd efficiency, namely improving herd fertility, bull selection using EBVs and breeding and management of replacements.
Dr Weatherup, from Northern Ireland’s College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE), will lead the discussion, with input from EBLEX livestock scientists Dr Mary Vickers and Dylan Laws. There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
Dates of the events are as follows:
- Monday 28th January - 18:30-21:00 - Taunton Rugby & Football Club, Hyde Park,Hyde Lane, Taunton, TA2 8BU
- Tuesday 29th January - 10:30-13:00 - Sixways Stadium, Warriors Way, Worcester, WR3 8ZE
- Tuesday 29th January - 18:30-21:00 - Holiday Inn Express, Junction 15, M1, Loake Close, Grange Park, Northampton, NN4 5EZ
- Wednesday 30th January - 11:00-13:30 - Twin Oaks, Church Lane, Palterton, Chesterfield, S44 6UZ
- Wednesday 30th January - 18:30-21:00 - Hopper Lane Hotel, Skipton Rd, Blubberhouses, Otley, LS21 2NZ
- Thursday 31st January - 10:30-13:00 - The Ballroom, The Morritt Country House Hotel, Greta Bridge, Barnard Castle, DL12 9SE
- Friday 1st February - am - Warks College, Leamington Spa.
Places are free to EBLEX levy payers. To register call Hellen, Sandra or Vickie at EBLEX on 01904 771214 / 0870 6091840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|TheCattleSite News Desk||Read more EBLEX News here|