TheBeefSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the beef industry

Go Back   TheCattleSite Discussion Forum > "Off Your Chest"
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread February 11th, 2010, 12:45
Super Moderator

Default This is getting silly !

Come-on Admin, where are you ?!
This is getting silly, this forum has had spam running wild on it for the past few days !
If you cannot be bothered then neither can I, I won't be coming back and I certainly won't be suggesting you to anyone else.
I along with others have PM'd and publicly offered to help out but it would seem you either don't read our posts or else you want this place to fail.
I have a checkable web record, run my own forums and really like this place but to see the forum plastered with spam is too much.
I'll give it a few more tries and then I'm off, sorry but I see no reason to support a forum whose admin don't care.
With regret,
Jon
Unread February 11th, 2010, 21:07
Super Moderator

Reported it to admin, Jon, but it is happening far too frequently these days and detracts from the threads spoiling any enjoyment .
Unread February 12th, 2010, 08:32
Administrator

We are in the process of implementing an upgraded forum system that should cut spam down to a bare minimum. This is currently ongoing and we are trying to get it completed as quickly as possible.

Jon, if you come across spam please report it straight away. I'm notified via email and will get it removed as promptly as possible.
Unread February 12th, 2010, 14:09
Super Moderator

Good, action at last.
All you need to do is make it so that when a new member registers they have to be approved by an admin before having their account authorised.
[I use this, WHOIS and other tools available on my forums to confirm new members]
Works a treat !
Good luck,
Jon
Unread February 26th, 2010, 13:06
Super Moderator

Once again I login and the place is crawling with spam.
Admin, if you cannot login every day then you really shouldn't be running a forum in my view.
Despite your previous post re-assuring us you would change things I really don't see any difference.
I shouldn't have to email you to notify you that there is spam, you should check in every day to see for yourself, it's one of the most basic admin rules.
Several of us have offered to help make this a decent forum but you don't seem interested.
I'm off, if you cannot be bothered neither can I !
Jon
Unread February 27th, 2010, 16:30
Super Moderator

Oh come on admin !
Yet again the forum is full of spam, where are you !
Unread February 27th, 2010, 21:03
Super Moderator

It would seem the forum needs an extra moderator or two to give more cover over the time the present mod/s is / are unavailable.
Unread February 28th, 2010, 13:32
Super Moderator

Default Too true !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodie
It would seem the forum needs an extra moderator or two to give more cover over the time the present mod/s is / are unavailable.

Hi Rhodie,
I've sent several PM's to admin to let them know that there are a few of us willing to help out, seems there is a meeting on Monday so fingers crossed !
It could all be prevented by ensuring that admin have to authorise each new member application but I don't think admin have the manpower available for this.
Oh well . . .
Jon